For the secondary shredding of pre-crushed wood and the production of chips
Hammer mills of the series ZHM are particularly suitable for the shredding of pre-crushed recycling wood, for the production and processing of wood chips as well as for the secondary shredding of various materials. Wood chips from our hammer mills are popular as burning chips and in the industries for derived timber products, because all metals are separated from the wood during the comminution and the chips are very homogeneous.
Due to the patented design of the quadruple tool system (Quadro), the ZENO hammer mill works extremely economically with lower tool costs than other hammer mills. The machine runs in two directions. Therefore, a uniform wear of the crushing hammers on both sides is the result. When the edges of the hammers are worn, the tools are pulled out of the machine, shortened and put back into the machine into an outer flight circle of the rotor. Now the same tools can be used again in both directions of rotation.
Features & advantages of the hammer mill ZHM
- symmetric construction enables operation in both directions of rotation, therefore equal wear of the tools on both sides
- two hammer flight circles for twice as long tool life – four times longer tool life in total
- crushing on externally adjustable stator knives that protect the screens underneath against high wear
- big screen surface for high throughput and low energy requirements
- hydraulic screen drawers & hydraulic hood opening for easy and fast maintenance works